Eligibility Requirements for Fellowship in the Society
- Be a doctor of medicine
- Be a surgeon practicing highly creditable major colon and rectal surgery
- Have affiliation with a medical school or have academic interest
- Be certified by the General Surgery or Colon and Rectal Surgery Board of the country in which the candidate resides (If such a Board does not exist, the candidate should have training in surgery that would qualify him/her to take such Boards)
- Be a member of the candidate’s national College of Surgeons or its equivalent as determined by the Executive Board of this Society
- Applications are reviewed twice a year in January and July.
- Deadline for complete applications for January review period is December 31st
- Deadline for complete applications for July review period is June 30th
The dues structure is a two-tier system based on the per capita income of each country.
To find the tier group for your country, please click here to view the list.
- Fellows, Residents & Retired Surgeons pay annual dues of $75 USD per year.
To Apply for Membership
The online application form should be filled and submitted as required.
Your most current CV should be uploaded in the online application form.
The application fee of $50 should be paid by credit card or by wire transfer. The credit card payment module is available in the application form. If the payment will be made by wire transfer, the reference number.